Function available in CINEMA 4D Studio
Hair has the following limitations:
- Hair is a volumetric effect when the Standard Renderer is used, which means it offers flawed results when combined with other volumetric effects such as PyroCluster, volumetric Clouds in Advanced Render (Physical Sky), etc.
- When used in conjunction with the Physical Renderer, you will not be able to take full advantage of the complete spectrum of Hair parameters (see Hair and the Physical Renderer).
- Photon Caustics does not work with Hair.
- Infinite light sources will be treated as point lights when casting shadows.
- The Cinema 4D Display tag’s visibility does not work in conjunction with HAIR.
All of these limitations do not apply if you render the hair as polygons (render time and memory requirements will rise sharply). So, how is this done? Simply select a Hair type from the Type menu in the Hair object’s Generate tab. Before you do so, don’t forget to reduce the number of actual hairs.