Function available in CINEMA 4D Prime, Visualize, Broadcast, Studio & BodyPaint 3D
Paint Setup Wizard
- Load the objects that you want to paint.
- Select the Paint Setup Wizard tool from the Tools menu or from the top toolbar (Initially all objects and materials with a check mark will be selected. Clicking on a check mark will replace it with a cross symbol, which signals that the element has been deselected).
- In the dialog that opens, select which objects or materials you want to paint on and click Next.
- Leave the parameters set to their default values. If you want a separate texture to be created for each object, disable Single Material mode. Click Next.
- Again, leave the parameters set to their default values. Enable each material channel that you want to paint on and click Finish. The Paint Setup Wizard will create all the materials and textures which are required to complete the setup — this may take a few moments depending on the size of the textures and so on.
- You can also activate Projection Painting (main menu: Tools / Projection Painting), which lets you paint distortion-free.
- Select the brush tool from the Tools / Paint Tools menu or from the left toolbar and paint the objects. (See here for more details.)
UVs cannot be recalculated for parametric objects. Make the parametric objects editable (select the objects and press the c key).
The Paint Setup Wizard can also:
- Add missing materials and textures.
- Scale multiple textures automatically (to an exact size if desired).
- Delete textures from specific channels. For example, you can delete all bump channel textures.