Function available in CINEMA 4D Prime, Visualize, Broadcast, Studio & BodyPaint 3D
Start Interactive Mapping
This command provides a quick way to alter the mapping for the selected UV polygons (or points). For example, suppose you want to change the mapping for the left ear of a head mesh.
- Select the UV polygons for the left ear.
- Choose Start Interactive Mapping.
- A Texture dialog will appear in the Attribute Manager which relates to the selected Texture tag or the Texture tag belonging to the selected UVW tag. You can change the mapping parameters as desired. By default, the projection changes from UVW Mapping to Flat. In most cases, this is the best setting. However, you can choose your own projection setting if you wish.
- The texture axis tool is activated automatically. Drag in the 3D view to move the texture axis until the texture is in a suitable position over the selected polygons/points.
- Choose Stop Interactive Mapping.
The texture moves over the entire object in the viewport. Ignore this temporary effect — the new mapping affects the selected polygons only.