Function available in CINEMA 4D Prime, Visualize, Broadcast, Studio & BodyPaint 3D
The new browser is an integral part of the workflow of Cinema 4D.
In addition to the classic browser functions, it offers:
- File structure display.
- Drag & drop functionality (to and from the editor/object manager[Material Manager), including sorting and filtering of content.
- Search function, including keywords.
- Preset-management and modification.
- Thumbnail generation and caching.
- User-defined folders.
- Developers can access the browser through the API, creating settings with custom parameters, custom icons and complete hierarchies.
- Non-modal search dialog. Clicking on the search icon opens/closes the search pane above the directory views. You can stop the search function by clicking on the Cancel button or clicking on the progress indicator. You can build your own search chain by adding (+) or removing (-) search functions via the combo box. The search results are temporarily stored in a folder using the current date and time. You can refine your own search by performing a new search on these results.
- Dragging search results into a catalog will save them.
- Preset and catalog items can be moved.
Note that most scenes/materials were created based on the Standard/Physical renderer and you may have problems when rendering with ProRender (material nodes are recommended for this).
Go (to) Menu