Function available in CINEMA 4D Prime, Visualize, Broadcast, Studio & BodyPaint 3D
Note that our support does not include assistance with regard to programming, scripting or plugins. All support regarding these topics can be found at http://developers.maxon.net.
What can you do when you are stuck and the manual does not appear to help? You may want to contact technical support. MAXON, and its distributors worldwide, will help you with any technical problems you encounter. So that we can help you as efficiently as possible, please keep in mind the following:
- Please contact us (or your local distributor) in writing if possible - preferably by email. We do offer support by phone but problems with a package as complex as Cinema 4D may take more time to solve — it is not always possible to solve the problem on the phone. With email, however, our technicians can consult with colleagues for assistance — even the programmers if necessary — and get back to you as soon as possible. Email is also convenient for attaching an example of the problem and it may be helpful for us to send you a scene.
- Please keep support enquiries separate from other enquiries, orders, etc.
- Please allow for a reasonable response time.Our customers are equally important and we will respond to you at the earliest opportunity.
Occasionally, we may need to contact you for further details.
- Please send an example scene to demonstrate the problem, if applicable.When I click this button, I get a mess. It is difficult to solve problems with such limited detail and sometimes we need to examine the problem scene. After all, we and our hard-working beta testers, have tested the functions many-a-time without finding a fault.
- Please keep any example scenes as small and as relevant as possible.For example, if only an alloy wheel is required to demonstrate the problem, please delete the rest of the car — it merely gets in the way. This saves our time and in turn we can respond to your problem sooner.
- Please supply us with a complete description of the relevant steps leading up to the problem.Ideally, we would like a little recipe that generates the problem consistently. Please keep this concise.
- Include rendered images and/or screenshots if relevant. Please tell us which settings you used.
- Please tell us which programs you have running at the same time as Cinema 4D. If you are using Mac OS, please let us know which system extensions are loaded.Sometimes, another program or a system extension (Mac OS) may cause a problem indirectly.
- Please include details of your hardware configuration.I have a Macintosh/PC is of little help on its own. Also, please let us know which version of Cinema 4D you are using (choose Help / Info from the main menu; the version number is shown at the foot of the splash screen which appears; to close the splash screen, click it). If you have Internet access, please use the support form on our website (www.maxon.net). Tell us what other programs and system extensions you are running concurrently with Cinema 4D.
- If the program crashes a recovery file will be created in most cases. This file will be saved to the _bugreports folder, located in your user directory. Your scene can then be recovered using this file. Furthermore, reports will be generated that you can send to MAXON for possible resolution (Allow Bugreports).
- If you have Internet access, please check the FAQs on our website before you contact technical support.Often, you will find the answer in the FAQs.
- Our service is limited to technical support only. We cannot undertake subcontracting.Can you build my spaceship model, please?
We must concentrate our resources on helping customers with genuine problems that are within the bounds of technical support. However, there are numerous web addresses where you can find additional help. Please visit our website (www.maxon.net) for links to these valuable resources.