Function available in CINEMA 4D Prime, Visualize, Broadcast, Studio & BodyPaint 3D
The XPresso manager provides a simplified overview of an expression as a hierarchical list of nodes and XGroups. In addition to providing this clear overview, the XPresso manager is useful for quickly selecting elements, changing their order and rearranging the hierarchy. Nodes that belong to an XGroup are listed below their parent XGroup and are indented.
To open the XPresso manager:
The XPresso manager is integrated into the XPresso Editor by default. However, should you undock and close the manager, you can reopen it by choosing Custom / XPresso Manager in the XPresso Editor.
To move a node into an XGroup:
- Drag the node name and drop it onto the XGroup name.To move a node into view in the XPresso Editor:
- Drag the name of the node from the XPresso manager and drop it onto the desired position in the XPresso Editor.To open and close hierarchies:
- Click the icon to the left of the node or XGroup name.To create a new empty XGroup:
- Right-click (Windows) or Command-click (Mac OS) on the root XGroup’s name in the XPresso Manager window and choose New XGroup / Empty XGroup from the context menu.To control the order of evaluation:
- Drag a node or XGroup name and drop it in a new position.
- The top-most elements in the XPresso manager are evaluated first. This order is especially important when the result of a node is passed to another XGroup, otherwise the values passed may be incorrect and the expression may fail to work as intended.