Function available in CINEMA 4D Prime, Visualize, Broadcast, Studio & BodyPaint 3D
Alembic Import Settings Alembic Import Settings
Alembic Import Settings
The following elements can be imported:
- Meshes with UV coordinates (when using multiple UV sets, these should each have unique names), polygon selections (FaceSets) and Normals (vertex and polygon Normals)
- Curves can be imported either as segmented Splines or as Hair objects (as long as allsegments have the same size)
- Points / Particles are imported using a Thinking Particles Geometry object named Emitter.
- Points, Transforms, SDS (with correct Type and weighting)
- Vertex Colors
- Level Of Detail (LOD) (LOD Mode Child Object) will be imported by making the objects visible (make sure that the Visibility option is enabled on import) or if the respective export options (in Cinema 4D Merge Generated) are enabled, per morph.
Otherwise the following applies:
- Animations will not be displayed with keyframes in the Timeline but will remain in the Alembic file