Function available in CINEMA 4D Prime, Visualize, Broadcast, Studio & BodyPaint 3D
Freeze Layer Radius
A Vertex Map grows with each frame of animation.
The Freeze Layer is a special layer that primarily serves the following purposes:
- Numerous tags can be painted manually (e.g., with a Vertex Map). If Fields then take control over the tag, any initial weighting would be lost. To prevent this from happening, activating the Enable option (Basic tab) will generate a Freeze Layer with the painted weighting.
- This can be used to create recurring effects such as expanding Vertex Map Weighting, colors, values, etc.
- A Freeze Layer can be created at any time (and not only for use within tags) that saves the current list state and can subsequently be used like any other Layer.
What to do, for example, to make a Vertex Map grow?
- Create a Vertex Map for the object by making a small weighting using the Live Selection tool.
- Switch to the Vertex Map and enable its Use Fields option. Select the Freeze Layer in the Fields tab.
- Set its Mode to Grow in the Layer tab.
- Switch to the Radius tab and create a Random Field. Set Random Mode to Noise In the Random Field’s Field tab to ensure an irregular growth.
- If the animation is now played, the Vertex Map Weighting should now grow (otherwise adjust the Radius setting).