Function available in CINEMA 4D Prime, Visualize, Broadcast, Studio & BodyPaint 3D Color Space Preview Basic Inputs Outputs Mask
This setting can be used to link colors or textures whose color space should be adjusted.
Input Color Space
Here you can define how the color space should be converted:
- RGB: Colors will be mixed using red, green and blue.
- HSV: A color angle defines a tint, separate values define the saturation and brightness.
- HSL: Here, a color angle and saturation are also applied. The third value is called Lightness and controls the brightness of the color with a neutral gray as a basis.
- XYZ: When mixing a specific color value using the three base colors red, green and blue, it can be mathematically necessary to also work with negative symbols for individual color components. In the XYZ color space, all real colors can be depicted without using negative symbols but the conversion of RGB values to the XYZ color space requires a complex formula so that it’s better to let the Color Space Node handle this.
- CMY: A color space that is defined through the subtraction of cyan, magenta and yellow from pure white. This color space is primarily used for print and has the disadvantage, compared to the aforementioned color spaces, that it cannot depict all colors.
Output Color Space
Here you can select an option for the color space. These options correspond to those for Input Color Space.