Function available in CINEMA 4D Prime, Visualize, Broadcast, Studio & BodyPaint 3D Vector To Float Preview Basic Inputs Outputs
Here you can input the into the Node whose components you want to output or summarize.
This setting defines the calculation of the result, which always delivers a float comma value. The following options are available:
- X/Y/Z/W: The vector’s selected component will be output at the Result output.
- Average: The sum of all vector components divided by the number of components.
- Length: Calculates the vector’s length. For point positions, this is, for example, the distance from the object axis system.
- Squared Length: This reflects the function of the Length mode only that the result is not squared in the end. Several mathematical calculations take place within the vector calculation where squared distances have to be used. This option almost always delivers fast results in these cases.
- Luminance: Returns the vector’s luminance based on the average spectral sensitivity of human visual perception of brightness. This calculation has no obvious mathematical uses when applied to vectors but is included for completeness’ sake.
- Sum: Outputs the sum of all vector components.
- Min/Max: The smallest or largest of the vector’s components will be output.