Function available in CINEMA 4D Prime, Visualize, Broadcast, Studio & BodyPaint 3D Vector To Float Preview Basic Inputs Outputs
Here you can input the into the Node whose components you want to output or summarize.
This setting defines the calculation of the result, which always delivers a float comma value. The following options are available:
- X/Y/Z/W: The vector’s selected component will be output at the Result output.
- Average: The sum of all vector components divided by the number of components.
- Length: Calculates the vector’s length. For point positions, this is, for example, the distance from the object axis system.
- Squared Length: This reflects the function of the Length mode only that the result is not squared in the end. Several mathematical calculations take place within the vector calculation where squared distances have to be used. This option almost always delivers fast results in these cases.
- Luminance: Each person perceives colors differently. This effect cannot be remedied by a simple squared calculation of the color components. For example, greens can appear brighter than reds and reds in turn lighter than blues.. This perception of brightness flows into the calculation of the brightness via a formula. This calculation is also used for the Color to Float Node and can also be used for vectors but has not mathematical use.
- Sum: Outputs the sum of all vector components.
- Min/Max: Only the smallest or largest of the vector’s measured components will be output.