Function available in CINEMA 4D Prime, Visualize, Broadcast, Studio & BodyPaint 3D Blend Preview Basic Inputs Outputs Mask
These are the colors, structures or textures you want to layer or mix. Both color and alpha portions will be taken into consideration.
This setting defines how Foreground and Background are mixed. Foreground will be used as the top layer that covers Background if Blend Mode is set to Normal.
Details about the mix or blend modes can be found here.
If the inputs used also have alpha portions, their layering or blending can be controlled using this menu. The Alpha option has to be enabled in the Node’s Mask menu. Even if no Alpha channel exists, selecting One or Null can simulate a white or black alpha channel, respectively.
- Alpha Composition: The Foreground’s and Background’s alpha channels both remain unchanged and define the regions of the colors that can be integrated with one another.
- Mix Mode: The Alpha channels will be treated exactly as the color portions belonging to the Foreground and Background and subjected to the same Mix Mode.
- Background/Foreground: Only the Alpha channel of the Background and Foreground will be read out.
- Null: Fills the output Alpha channel with black
- One: Fills the output Alpha channel with white