Function available in CINEMA 4D Prime, Visualize, Broadcast, Studio & BodyPaint 3D Rotation Object Basic Coord. Object Falloff
Angle Speed [0..+∞]
Gives the rotation speed of the particles about their Z-axes.
Particles may enter the rotation object on faces with Normals that are not aligned to the modifier’s Z axis. However, half of the surface area on those faces have rotational vectors that will cause the particles to rebound away from the rotation modifier.
Here you can define how a particle modifier should affect dynamic objects (these settings have no effect on particles):
- Acceleration: The modifier twirls the objects around without taking their mass into consideration. Even ,heavy’ objects will behave like feathers.
- Force: This mode takes the objects’ mass into account, i.e., the ,heavier’ an object is the less it can be affected by the modifier.
- Aerodynamic Wind: This mode will actually create a flow of air (current) that will cause the objects to react according to their aerodynamic shape. This mode is not available for all modifiers - only for those for which it serves a useful purpose (e.g., Wind, Turbulence, etc.).
Note that when using the Aerodynamic Wind option, its effect will differ depending on the object over which it flows:
- Rigid Bodies: The wind will be calculated at the center of the Rigid Body and remain constant across the entire object surface.
- Soft Bodies: The wind (strength and direction) will be calculated per polygon or vertex and will affect the object accordingly.